How to Set Up Your Account With
Welcome to my guide: How to Set Up Your Account With GetResponse.
So you need to get an email marketing account but you’re not sure where to go or how to set it up?
Well, you’ve come to the right place and I can help you!
First of all, thank you for clicking through to this guide. I hope that you find it useful.
In order for you to get set up with your own email marketing account, I recommend that you use GetResponse. GetResponse is the company that I use for my email marketing and I find them to be excellent. Below, I take you through the reasons why I recommend that you use them too.
But before I do that, I would like to fully disclose that the link to GetResponse (below) is my affiliate link. This means that if you sign up through my link, I will get a small commission for having recommended you to them.
However, the price you pay remains the same whether you sign up through my link or go directly to them. If you choose to sign up through my link, that will be greatly appreciated by me!
Why do you need email marketing?
It may be that you have commissioned me to build your new website and you’ve asked me to integrate email marketing into your site by adding email opt-in forms or creating landing pages from which you will add visitors to an email list.
If so, one of the things that I need you to do before I can make your site live (once I have built it) is to set up your own email marketing account. It will be within your email marketing account that your email list will live.
An email marketing account also allows me to create opt in forms and email lists amongst many other things.
Alternatively, you maybe undertaking your own web project and want to add email marketing. If so, this guide should help you too.
I have been building websites for a number of years and was recommended Get Response by a couple of my trusted mentors within the web development and email marketing space. They spoke highly of it and so I decided to use it as well. I attach a lot of importance to recommendations from those I trust, particularly when it involves the use of a highly technical service such as email marketing.
My 6 Favourite things about GetResponse
- Intuitive user interface. I like the fact that it is quick and easy to take your first steps in growing and email list. In no time at all, I can set up an email list, create a sign up form and integrate it into my site so that I can begin growing my email list.
- Simple Integration with WordPress. The thing I like best is that I can easily integrate GetReponse with WordPress. I can either do this with a handy plugin or GetResponse gives me simple code that I can copy and paste into my site. This means that any forms I create in GetResponse, can be positioned wherever I choose.
- Sophisticated Auto Responder. With my email list set up, I can then create a sequence of automated emails to be delivered to my subscribers when I want them to be delivered. This allows me to begin communications with them and start building those valuable relationships.
- Email Broadcasts. As well as automated emails, you can also send regular or one-off broadcasts to your subscribers. This allows me to communicate with them about things that I can’t necessarily plan for in advance such as latest content or my take on the issues of the day.
- Easy-to-use form builders. GetResponse has excellent form builders that allow me to build attractive sign-up forms and landing pages, I can also create stunning email templates that I can use again and again. Not only can I create my own designs but there are dozens of templates that I can use and adapt or simply gain inspiration from.
- Already have a list? If I already have an email list elsewhere, then it is easy to import my existing list into GetResponse.
There are many more features within GetReponse and I take a look at some more of them below:
How can email marketing help you?
You can send one-time email broadcasts with updates and offers
You can use sequences of automated emails to follow up and build your relationship with your subscribers
You can create trigger action-based, automated emails to engage with your audience and sell your products and services
Automated blog digest
You can increase your blog’s traffic by sharing posts via email and social media
You can time emails so that they are delivered at the right time with Perfect Timing and Time Travel delivery tools
A paid add-on allows you to use SMTP-triggered emails to send reminders or receipts.
Easy-to-use design tools and first class email delivery
You can create beautiful emails in minutes and advanced segmentation helps to target your emails to the right parts of your audience
Easily create beautiful emails
A drag-and-drop editor allows you to design perfect emails in a few minutes.
- Layouts and sections can be used to build your message
- See email set up and scheduling details in one easy view
- Responsive designs for use on desktop and mobile devices
- Improve your emails with GIFs and FREE stock photos
Free email templates to inspire you…
A library of free, professionally-designed email templates helps you get your emails up and running quickly without having to do costly design work.
- Choose templates according to your campaign goals
- Templates are customisable with your branding and content
- Build your own template libraries
Use subscriber data
Subscriber data helps you to keep your marketing relevant for all sections of your audience
Data to help you
- Specific criteria can be used to segment subscribers
- Personalise your emails with dynamic content
- Perfect Timing Tool can be used to deliver your emails at the time that’s right for your audience
Monetise your emails
Make money from your emails with shoppable messages and built-in ecommerce tools. Easy-to-use analytics help you to improve your emails based on how they have performed and the preferences of your audience
Make new sales and recover lost revenue
Shoppable emails help to reduce the number of clicks it takes for customers to buy from you.
- Include products from your GetResponse store
- Integrate your existing online shop
- Abandoned cart emails help you to win back customers
- Recommend related products
All of your online marketing tools in one place
Simplify your marketing
Multichannel campaigns. You can integrate email marketing with other vital online marketing tools.
- Send traffic to your landing pages
- Use email to promote your webinars
- You can integrate your GetResponse account with ecommerce and analytics platforms
Collect actionable data
Advanced analytics allow you to track your email campaign results in real time.
Refine your marketing
- Analyse the number of emails opened. Also clicks, and bounces
- Refine your emails with A/B test email subject lines
- Track how your users interact with your emails so you can improve your targeting
Get your campaign results anywhere
Track your results
Create customised reports that are automatically sent to you when you need them.
- You select reporting frequency
- Easy-to-understand graphs
- GetResponse Mobile App to help you track your results anywhere and at any time.
Ready to get your own GetResponse account?
This button takes you through to GetResponse’s sign up process and it opens in another tab. However, to help you know what to expect in the sign up process, I guide you through the process below:
Sign up process
Step1: Choose a plan
Step2: Choose a plan
- List 1
- List 2
Step3: Choose a plan
- List 1
- List 2
Ready to get your own GetResponse account?
This button takes you through to GetResponse’s sign up process and it opens in another tab. This means that our guide will stay on this tab for you to refer back to.